About the Classic:
The Willow Park Charity Golf Classic began with a simple idea . . . a belief in the importance of giving back to the community, of supporting worthwhile causes on behalf of the Club and its members.
Each year, the Classic committee members partner with the Recipient Charity prior to the tournament, visiting them on site and getting to know them — seeing first-hand the individuals impacted by the proceeds of the tournament.
One hundred percent of the proceeds raised through cash donations and the live and silent auctions go to the charity. The impact of what the tournament does strikes profoundly for everyone — from the sponsors and participants who so generously give, to the committee members and volunteers who work so hard to put the tournament together. It’s a proud collective effort. Thank you!
For over 30 years, since 1988, through the generosity of Willow Park directors and members, and through the support of sponsors, players and volunteers, the Willow Park Charity Golf Classic has donated over $11.6 million to Calgary charities. The 2022 proceeds from the Willow Park Golf Charity Classic will support CUPS Calgary.
About CUPS Calgary:
In 1989, CUPS opened its doors. It was a place where low-income and homeless Calgarians could get basic medical care and referral services. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of clients, but 30 years later, the city has changed - and CUPS has changed too. We’ve moved beyond basic services to an evidence-based, integrated care approach.
What does this mean?
- It means we apply the science of brain development to address the root causes of poverty and poor health, and we actively advocate to advance this body of knowledge.
- We don’t just help people through hard times; we support them in ways that build resilience for the future.
- And we don’t simply solve problems; we take a big picture approach that creates lasting, positive change for our clients, their children, and our city.
What does your support of the Willow Park Charity Golf Classic mean to CUPS?
Together with your help, CUPS will change how integrated care is delivered.
- Creating a single trauma-informed intake and triage space for all people who enter CUPS.
- Creating spaces for external partners to connect with and work with clients at CUPS.
- Bringing our family and child development programs together into a single space.
- Expanding the capacity of CUPS’ care coordination, mental health and child development teams.
To learn more about CUPS, please visit CUPSCalgary.com, or call Conor Tapp, Director of Fund Development, at 403-389-7474.
Get involved in the Charity Golf Classic
- Donate: The Classic committee welcomes items for the Live and Silent Auction valued above $250.
CUPS Calgary Donation Form. The Donation Form is also available at the Club office.
- Sponsor: A variety of sponsorship levels are available. Click here for sponsorship Information.
- Play: The playing field for the Classic is full. Please contact Jennifer Davison to be placed on the waiting list.
- Volunteer: To volunteer on the Committee or during the event contact Jennifer Davison.
Willow Park Charity Golf Classic Recipient Application Process
Interested charities can fill out our application form at the following link by clicking here.
If you would like to see a preview of the entire application, please Click Here. We still ask that you please submit your application via the online form linked above.
Please note, you will need a Google account to complete the application. Responses will be automatically saved as you fill out the application and will be saved for up to 30 days. You will receive a copy of your application via the email you provided when you are finished.
If you have any questions regarding the application please email us at email@example.com
The application deadline is April 22nd, 2022.
Charity Classic Committee
Treasurer / Selection Committee / Sponsors Day
Selection Committee / Governance
Volunteers / Governance
Sponsorship / Signage
Media / Marketing
Auctions Coordinator / Selection Committee
WP Operations Manager and Executive Professional
WP Head Golf Professional
WP Food Services
Audited Financial Statements:
Recipients of the Charity Classic
2022 CUPS Calgary
2021 Calgary Reads $505,000
2019 Pacekids Programs $445,000
2018 Calgary Counselling Centre $700,000
2017 Children’s Hospital Foundation Kid Sim Program $433,000
2016 Distress Centre Calgary $410,000
2015 Fresh Start Recover Centre $520,000
2014 Calgary Meals on Wheels $572,000
2013 Impact Society of Calgary $499,000
2012 The Alex Youth Health Centre $531,000
2011 Bethany Care Society $535,000
2010 Kids Cancer Care Foundation, Camp Kindle $450,000
2009 Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured (ARBI) $490,000
2008 Calgary Homeless Foundation $485,000
2007 Renfrew Educational Services $490,000
2006 Calgary Land Trust / Habitat for Humanity $600,000
2005 Discovery House / Calgary Foundation $505,000
2004 Rotary Challenger Park / Calgary Foundation $535,000
2003 Calgary Foundation $500,000
2002 Hospice Calgary / Calgary Foundation $400,000
2001 The Vocational & Rehabilitation Research Institute / Calgary Foundation $350,000
2000 Woods Homes / Calgary Foundation $325,000
1999 Salvation Army Children's Village $280,000
1998 Alberta Adolescent Recovery Center $250,000
1997 Epilepsy Association of Calgary $135,000
1996 Calgary Urban Project Society $125,000
1995 Canadian National Institute for the Blind $125,000
1994 William Roper Hull Child & Family Services $100,000
1993 Alberta Lung Association, Calgary Division $90,000
1992 S.T.A.R.S. Rescue Ambulance $90,000
1991 Juvenile Diabetes Association $60,000
1990 Illetis & Colitis Association $55,000
1989 Make a Child's Dream Come True $35,000
1988 Crime Stoppers $25,000
Total $11.6 million