Willow Park Golf & Country Club is a private club currently open to members only and their invited guests. When allowed by the Club, non-members are permitted to use the dining facilities and order Curbside Pick-up/Take-out.
Willow Park will ensure to use all percautions as laid out by Alberta Health Services.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING WILL BE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES (minimum 2-meter separation). Failure to observe physical distancing risks the health of employees and members.
Unavailable facilities and services at this time include: LOCKER ROOM SHOWERS, STEAM ROOMS & FOOT BATHS.
Following the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada we require all members, guests and employees to wear a mask or some face covering while entering and exiting the facilities.
Pro Shop Policy
The Pro Shop will allow a maximum of four people inside at a time.
If you would like to purchase an item from the Pro Shop but would like the option of contactless pickup, please call ahead and the Pro Shop staff will have it ready for pick up.
No cash transactions, the items will be charged to member accounts, credit or debit cards will also be accepted.
Pro Shop purchases may be made for key items with restrictions:
Any member or individual found to be neglecting the physical distancing procedures or is found to have knowingly come to the Club with symptoms will face immediate disciplinary action. Protecting yourself and those around you is of utmost importance.
Face Covering Bylaw
As of Saturday, August 1st, 2020, the City of Calgary has mandated a Face Covering Bylaw. Willow Park Golf & Country Club is required to adhere to this bylaw as we allow guests in the Clubhouse and Pro Shop.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED:
WILLOW PARK GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
COVID-19 MEMBER RULES & PROTOCOLS
The Club appreciates and expects your cooperation to allow the management of the Club to continue to operate the facilities. The Club facilities are open based on the assurances members and individuals make to the Club and to each other. Further, you agree to observe and fully abide by all rules and regulations prescribed by the Club. Any failure in this regard will result in disciplinary actions.
As you are all aware, the virus can be transmitted by asymptomatic people and accordingly Willow Park cannot provide certainty that the virus will not be transmitted. The Club is taking prudent steps to impose and enforce appropriate protocols to keep members safe, but there can be no assurance that the virus will not be contracted by members, guests or employees. This is a risk that each individual must assess themselves, and if they choose to enter the facilities, to take the risk of either contracting the virus or transmitting it to others.
When entering the Willow Park facilities you agree to the following:
That you or anyone in your household has not experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing). If you or anyone in your household has experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms, you will then not visit the Club for a minimum period of 14 days after the cold or flu-like symptoms have completely gone away.
That you or any member of your household have not travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada in the past 14 days. If you or anyone in your household has travelled to any country outside Canada, you will then not visit Willow Park Golf & Country Club for a minimum period of 14 days after the date of return to Canada.
This will remain in effect until the Directors of Willow Park Golf & Country Club declare these requirements are no longer in effect.
CLUBHOUSE COVID-19 RISK MITIGATION
1. We will ensure member contacted service areas are properly cleaned and disinfected.
2. Sanitation controls:
a. Service surfaces & serving tools must be sanitized after every use with D10.
b. All surfaces in the Lounge and Dining Room will be wiped down at the completion of every day and between staff shift changes.
3. Food safety: Normal cooking temperatures for foods will kill COVID-19 and other microbes in food.
4. We will operate at no more than 50% seating capacity. Outdoor patio seating areas will also be at 50% capacity or less as physical distancing allows.
5. Arrange tables and chairs so that a 2-metre distance is maintained between each dining party.
6. Setting limits on the number of patrons per table, based on size. A maximum number of patrons sitting together at larger tables should be 6 from the same household.
7. Remove table condiments and other frequently touched items (for example, salt and pepper shakers, ketchup, hot sauce).
8. Encourage guests to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content when entering and leaving.
9. Thoroughly sanitize each table and chairs after each customer use with D10.
10. All dining must be table service only.
11. Wait staff, servers, and kitchen staff who cannot be protected by 2 metres of distance or a physical barrier are required to wear a cloth or surgical mask and/or gloves.
12. Single use paper menus will be used.
13. Will use pre-rolled silverware and will not preset tables. The person performing this task must follow hand hygiene practices.
14. There will be no buffet or self-service.
15. Guests dining inside the restaurant or on the patio, must order food and drinks from the table.
16. Continue to follow existing occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements.
17. To maintain awareness, COVID-19 signage will be posted throughout the facility.
18. Washroom capacity must allow for distancing between guests.
19. Washroom sanitation and supervision will be enhanced.
20. Guests will not be permitted to move any furniture, including tables & chairs (except for normal movement when dining).