Willow Park Golf & Country Club is a private club currently open to members only and their invited guests. Non-members are permitted to use the dining facilities and order Curbside Pick-up/Take-out.
Willow Park will ensure to use all percautions as laid out by Alberta Health Services.
Any guest of a member coming to golf at Willow Park, must fill out a declaration as supplied by Willow Park agreeing to all protocols.
General Messaging to Golfers
During the period of “Park and Play Golf”, Willow Park will be restricted in it’s operations.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING WILL BE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES (minimum 2-meter separation). Failure to observe physical distancing risks the health of employees and members.
Unavailable facilities and services at this time include:
- LOCKER ROOM SHOWERS, STEAM ROOMS & FOOT BATHS.
- GOLF CLUB CLEANING
- ON-COURSE RESTROOMS
- The Pro Shop and maintenance building available after 1 pm.
- All other on course washrooms are open and available during golfing hours.
Following the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada we encourage all players to wear a mask or some face covering while entering and exiting the facility and playing golf.
Tee Time Policy
All Tee times must be booked by phone or online.
Tee times will be spaced at 9 minutes apart to permit for physical distancing and maintenance of pace of play.
The names on the tee sheet need to be accurate. Please let the Pro Shop know if there are any changes or cancellations. Tee times will be premium with the wider intervals so this will be monitored very closely, and disciplinary actions may be taken if this is not followed.
- A warning letter will be sent to any member that ‘no shows’ for a tee time or shows up with less players than were booked
- A suspension of playing privileges for 2 weeks will be implemented for a second offence and a month for a third.
We continue to allow more than two carts per group on our course. Nobody will be forced to share a cart with someone they are not comfortable with, but the choice to ride together is now available as an additional option.
Sanitized power carts and pull carts will be available at the staging area behind the Pro Shop. The staff will assign you a clean and sanitized cart if required. Coolers have been removed. Note that all power carts and pull carts are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
Pro Shop Policy
The Pro Shop will allow a maximum of four people inside at a time, once allowed by the provincial government.
If you would like to purchase an item from the Pro Shop but would like the option of contactless pickup, please call ahead and the Pro Shop staff will have it ready for pick up.
No cash transactions, the items will be charged to member accounts, credit or debit cards will also be accepted.
- Pro Shop purchases may be made for key items with restrictions.
- Purchases will be made using members account numbers for touchless transactions,
- Returned items must be double bagged and include information on the Member, their Account number, and the date the items(s) were bagged,
- Returned items will be stored in the Pro Shop back area for 7 days until re-opening and completing the return process.
Practice Facility Policy
Only those members booking a time slot on the Driving Range will be permitted to use the area. Walk-ons and drop-in traffic will be permitted if there is space available, check with the pro shop.
Please familiarize yourself with the following procedures in order to ensure that we are keeping each other safe and healthy while having an enjoyable golf experience.
Driving Range Usage Procedures:
- The Driving Range will be available only for those with bookings. Bookings can be made by calling the Pro Shop at 403-271-7676.
- Members can call one day in advance starting at 7 am to book a driving range.
- A maximum of one person per stall is permitted. Other friends or family members are not to accompany the individual with the stall booking but they can book their own stall.
- The stall time is 45 minutes. The remaining 15 minutes of the time slot will be used for our change over, which includes sanitizing the carts. This also allows people to leave the area prior to the next person arriving at the Driving Range.
- If you need to cancel your Driving Range booking, please call the Pro Shop at 403-271-7676.
- Driving Range availability will only include the hitting stalls and access to the putting greens and chipping area in the practice area.
- Range balls will be provided on the Driving Range. Shag bags are available for use on the short range.
Zero contact points. Do not shake hands.
Ball washers will not be available at this time, so please carry a bottle of water and towel accordingly.
Bunker rakes will not be available, please smooth sand with your foot or a club, preferred lies are permitted in the bunker or the bunkers are to be played as Ground Under Repair at this time.
Ball marks on greens can still be repaired accordingly.
If a lost golf ball is found out on the property, please be aware this is a contact point from a previous player.
A container will be placed on each tee for broken tees, do not pick up old tee’s that are not yours.
The flagstick is to remain in at all times. Removal of your ball from the hole must be done by using the pin caddy.
On course drinking water will not be available.
After Round Procedure
Please return your pull or power cart (when available) to the designated cart drop off area.
Garbage and Recycling bins will be available in the designated cart drop off area.
Please COMPLETELY empty your cart of all personal belongings and trash and recycling.
Any member found to be neglecting the physical distancing procedures or is found to have knowingly come to the Club with symptoms will face immediate disciplinary action. Protecting yourself and those around you is of utmost importance.
WILLOW PARK GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
COVID-19 MEMBER RULES & GOLF PROTOCOLS DECLARATION
This document must be read with declaration and acknowledgment of these rules & protocols e-mailed to the club prior to visiting Willow Park Golf & Country Club. Failure to do so prior will result in denial of access to the Club.
The Club appreciates and expects your cooperation to allow the management of the Club to open the course to play. We all manage to play by the rules of golf and now we are asking that you observe just as strictly our rules of COVID-19 golf. The Club is permitting play based on the assurances members make to the Club and to each other in this document. Accordingly, any false statements could result in legal liability to the member or the Club. Further, you agree to observe and fully abide by all rules and regulations prescribed by the Club. Any failure in this regard will result in disciplinary actions.
As you are all aware, the virus can be transmitted by asymptomatic people and accordingly the statements made by members contained in this document cannot provide certainty that the virus will not be transmitted. The Club is taking prudent steps to impose and enforce appropriate protocols to keep members safe, but there can be no assurance that the virus will not be contracted by players. This is a risk that each member must assess themselves, and if they choose to play, to take the risk of either contracting the virus or transmitting it to others.
By completing and submitting this declaration (by return e-mail) you agree to the following:
I hereby declare that I or anyone in my household has not experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing). If I or anyone in my household experience any cold or flu-like symptoms after submitting this declaration, I will then not visit the Club for a minimum period of 14 days after the cold or flu-like symptoms have completely gone away. This agreement will remain in effect until the Directors of Willow Park Golf & Country Club declare the requirements in this declaration are no longer in effect. *
I hereby declare that I or any member of my household have not travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada in the past 14 days. If I or anyone in my household travel to any country outside Canada after submitting this declaration, I will then not visit Willow Park Golf & Country Club for a minimum period of 14 days after the date of return to Canada. This agreement will remain in effect until the Directors of Willow Park Golf & Country Club declare the requirements in this declaration are no longer in effect.
* Required in return e-mail:
- First & Last Name of each family member with golfing privileges.
- Member Number.
* ALL GUESTS Required in return e-mail:
- First & Last Name of each family member with golfing privileges.
- Name of Member you will be a guest of.
CLUBHOUSE COVID-19 RISK MITIGATION
1. We will ensure member contacted service areas are properly cleaned and disinfected.
2. Sanitation controls:
a. Service surfaces & serving tools must be sanitized after every use with D10.
b. All surfaces in the Lounge and Dining Room will be wiped down at the completion of every day and between staff shift changes.
3. Food safety: Normal cooking temperatures for foods will kill COVID-19 and other microbes in food.
4. We will operate at no more than 50% seating capacity. Outdoor patio seating areas will also be at 50% capacity or less as physical distancing allows.
5. Arrange tables and chairs so that a 2-metre distance is maintained between each dining party.
6. Setting limits on the number of patrons per table, based on size. A maximum number of patrons sitting together at larger tables should be 6 from the same household.
7. Remove table condiments and other frequently touched items (for example, salt and pepper shakers, ketchup, hot sauce).
8. Encourage guests to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content when entering and leaving.
9. Thoroughly sanitize each table and chairs after each customer use with D10.
10. All dining must be table service only.
11. Wait staff, servers, and kitchen staff who cannot be protected by 2 metres of distance or a physical barrier are required to wear a cloth or surgical mask and/or gloves.
12. Single use paper menus will be used.
13. Will use pre-rolled silverware and will not preset tables. The person performing this task must follow hand hygiene practices.
14. There will be no buffet or self-service.
15. Guests dining inside the restaurant or on the patio, must order food and drinks from the table.
16. Continue to follow existing occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements.
17. To maintain awareness, COVID-19 signage will be posted throughout the facility.
18. Washroom capacity must allow for distancing between guests.
19. Washroom sanitation and supervision will be enhanced.
20. Guests will not be permitted to move any furniture, including tables & chairs (except for normal movement when dining).